see Rhubarb Syllabub recipe
1 medium egg white
2 ½ oz splenda
1. To make meringue, in a clean bowl whisk the egg white until stiff, then gradually whisk in the splenda until the meringue holds firm peaks when the whisk is lifted (use an electric mixer for best results)
2. Spread the meringue in an even layer, about ¾ inch thick, on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Place in the oven at the lowest temperature eating and leave for about 6-7 hours until dry and brittle.
3. Put half of the rhubarb into a blender and blend until smooth.
4. Break the meringue into small pieces and fold into the pudding with half of the rhubarb puree. Don’t mix it together too thoroughly; you want a ripple effect.
5. Spoon pudding into the middle of each serving plate, then spoon most of the rhubarb puree over and around the outside. Scatter large pieces of rhubarb on top and drizzle with the remaining rhubarb puree to serve.